16.1.07

Musical moods: el fénix se apaga (I)

Good-bye dreamer, insane stranger on the shore
There is no one left here, not a soul
Amid the confusion, expecting nothing
Not a soul

Mother, could I come back to you?
O, Mother, could I come back to you?

A terrible vision of order out of control
In accordance with human history
Here in the company of death
We approach - new graves, divided for love's sake
Refined in rapture - ready to fly or to die

Mother could I come back to you?
Mother could I come back to you?

I'm lifted up into the presence of devine forces
Mother?
Open-mouthed in magnificence and beauty
Mother
Or shall we suffer the same fate as all the others
Stuck on a plane which does not suit them
Lost in thought, forgetful of primitive desire
Good-bye dreamer, not a soul

Mother could I come back to you?
Mother could I come back through you?
Mother could I come back to you?

The animals - I know how you make out
Welling with authority, vilely enthusiastic, enduring bitterness
"My husband's been dead for five years, though largely unobserved"
The demons, the clowns are gone
... And so is my Mother

Mother could I come back to you?
Come back to you?





Christian Death - Mother.
De "The Path of Sorrows".
Música: R. Williams & Paris.
Letra: R. Williams.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Casi podía oír la voz de Williams mientras iba leyendo la letra.

The Path of Sorrows es uno de los albums que más cuesta digerir; ¡qué duro es!

El alma queda suspensa en el ensueño en el que Rozz nos sumerge.

Cisne Negro dijo...

Me ha gustado mucho tu comentario, ciertamente "The Path of Sorrows" es un disco difícil, yo diría que casi litúrgico... Canciones como ésta o The Angels son ciertamente sentidas. Rozz tenía una sensibilidad artística fuera de toda duda.

Objetivos del año

Decíamos hace un año: · Dejar el tema académico . Centrarse en el cómic. Lo demás no tiene sentido. Publicar algo más de cómic. ¿Lo he c...